Sunday, March 22, 2009

A little Quilt Along Progress

I've been a little under the weather for the last several days. What better way to relax and heal than a little stitching? Two blocks are missing from the pic above. Until I started this project, I had no idea that a fat quarter does not necessarily contain a whole quarter yard of fabric. These quarters were only 17" x 20" instead of 18" x 22". That means that a company making fat quarters out of a standard 13.5 yard bolt of fabric can potentially get an extra three "quarters" out of the bolt. Seems a little ratty to me. Just sayin'!

Elizabeth's cutting directions use "everything but the squeal". There is nothing wrong with the cutting instructions, only the actual size of the quarters. Many other members of the group ran into the same problem. I have purchased another quarter of the brown but have not yet prewashed it and have moved onto the next fabric combinations.




Here is combination #2.

And the third, my favorite, so far...


No comments: